Thursday, February 4, 2010

Personal Narritive


October 2007

The first day of school was finally here. Not only was it the first day of school but also it was the first day of high school. It was a new fresh start. A new day and year to prove to everyone that I’m a different girl.

The first thing I did was go and find all my old friends from middle school. It was like walking into a foreign country. Everything was new, different, wired. Even the air I breathed has a different taste to it. Once I found my friends, nothing seemed to have changed. They ran to me and I ran to them. We hugged as if we haven’t each other for years and not months. But little did I know that feeling and those people I knew and love would soon change.

As the months went on I started becoming someone new. I started seeing the world in different eyes. No longer did I see the world in eyes of a little innocent girl, I started see the world as it truly is. The world was something beauty which was wrapped around pain and hate.

My friends and I started drifting apart. They saw the world as something that we lived in while I saw the world as something else. One day I started thinking about a song Nas made “ If Heaven was a mile away would I pack up my bag and leave this world behind?”. Would I walk to heaven if I could? To get away from the pain of not having the people I loved?

I don’t think I would. Everything that happens in life happens for a reason and I have no regret in my life. Like Tupac said in one of his songs “ There’s gonna be some stuff that your gonna’ se that’s gonna’ make it hard to smile in the future but whatever pain you gotta be able to smile. . . . “

No comments:

Post a Comment