Friday, February 5, 2010

Personal Narrative Poem: My Life Our Roads

October 2006

October 2006

What my mother gave me,

The life I was given

Is the only life I get.

Back in the days

I use to think I knew everything,

But I was just a little girl

I was found cruisin in my car

Living life dancing with the devil.

I wouldn’t care where I was heading

And whom I was heading with

Until I found un amor that

Changed my life forever.

I saw the world in new eyes

My life was now my heaven

I didn’t want to pack up my bags and

Leave this world behind anymore.

My ojos saw heaven when I saw my amor.

That all went away when he wanted to break up.

Those days I lived like Lil Wayne

Lonely when . . . . . I feel like dying.

I was torn between heaven and hell,

What do I believe heaven or hell?

I don’t believe in heaven cus’ I’m

Living in hell.

A dios le pido,

To help me through the pain and hardship.

I stopped being myself until one day

Some one told me

I see your true colors shining through

So don’t be afraid to let them show.

After that day I knew I could smile through all the pain

And I made it to a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment